My Hunt for the Perfect Leopard Flats

When I heard that leopard print was going to be a big trend this Autumn, I honestly cringed. Just like the camo print that was popular this summer, the pattern bothered me. I had never really been the type of person to wear wild prints like leopard and camo. I tend to stick to the very basic stripes and polka dot prints. My personality and style isn’t bold enough that I could pull off the trend. I was scared to wear leopard print.

When I was scrolling through Instagram last month and I saw all these bloggers wearing leopard print cardigans, scarves, and boots. Their outfits were really cute but, I didn’t think that I would look good wearing it. It wasn’t until I saw one of my favorite bloggers – Mrs. Casual – styled leopard print mules. I instantly loved them. I thought they were chic and looked comfortable. But I wasn’t just going to buy the exact ones that she had, so I began my search online for the perfect leopard print flats.
There were many different retailers selling the print in many different shoe forms but what I was looking for was very specific. I didn’t want the leopard print to look fake or to just be printed on the shoe, I wanted it to look real. I also wanted the shoes to be pointed flats. That way they would be stylish enough for me to wear them to work. After searching for a couple of weeks, I finally found a pair by Steve Madden that was made of genuine calf hair.

How to Style Leopard Print Shoes

Leopard print is not something that is new for the Autumn Season. It is practically a neutral because of all the brown and tan colors in the design. Those colors pair nicely with all the other colors of Fall like olive green, rust orange, mustard yellow, navy, and burgundy. If you are feeling really bold you can pair the leopard with other prints like plaid, stripes, and checks.

Casual/ Weekend Wear

For a casual look try paring the leopard flats with some distressed skinny jeans and a plaid button down. You will look and feel like you are ready for Autumn. This would be a really cute outfit to wear while you’re out picking pumpkins, sipping on hot apple cider, or out buying some Halloween decorations!

Dressy/ Office Wear

If you bought your leopard flats to wear to the office like me, trying pairing the shoes with cropped trousers and coordinating blazer. You could add in a solid color scarf or jewelry over top of a neutral colored blouse to add a little more to your outfit. This look will make you appear professional, stylish, and chic!

Leopard flats are a great way to wear this bold print but in a small way. It’s just on your feet, it’s not like you’re wearing head to toe leopard print. These flats will add some fun into your outfit and it’s just the perfect amount for those who are still wary of the print like me. And if you tried wearing the shoes and still don’t like wearing the print, just stay sitting at your work or school desk all day so that people don’t see it!
Would you wear leopard print shoes?

* indicates required

1. October 17, 2018 / 9:22 am

Great post and now I want to stay home from work and shop on this post!! I loved all of the different types of flats you featured. I hope you love your flats!! Thanks for sharing!!
    xoxo Michelle https://imayogagirl.com

October 17, 2018 / 12:51 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed my post! Happy shopping! 🙂

2. October 17, 2018 / 4:00 pm

Great post! I think a lot of people are apprehensive when it comes to animal prints. I am of the opinion that, when worn responsibly, animal prints can add an element of fun, or daring to any outfit. Your flats have proved me right. Those things rock!

October 17, 2018 / 11:40 pm

Thanks so much! I don’t like to wear crazy prints so by having the print on my shoes, it’s just right!

3. October 17, 2018 / 6:00 pm

I never thought I’d wear leopard flats but they’re seriously cute and go with a lot that I am reconsidering!! I love the colors in that first outfit! So faaaaallllll!!🍂💗

October 17, 2018 / 11:42 pm

I am so glad that you like my outfit! Leopard flats are now my favorite fall staple!

4. October 18, 2018 / 2:58 pm

I love leopard flats! I’ve been wearing them every fall for the past three years. They are pretty much a fall staple for me!

October 18, 2018 / 3:08 pm

Yes I am just discovering how great they are! I love them!!

5. October 19, 2018 / 8:11 pm

About two years ago, I found a pair of (technically) cheetah print loafers from Steve Madden that I just fell in love with and that kind of sparked my love for animal prints. I have a ton of leopard print items now – it’s Friday and I wore my new leopard blouse to the office with a pair of boyfriend jeans – and I feel pretty damn chic. Never imagined in a million years I’d be the type to wear something like this either!

Next I’d like to tackle snake skin print and maybe even zebra or tiger prints.

October 21, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Wow that is amazing that you started with just simple loafers and now you have a love for the print! I would love to try the snakeskin print but I really have nowhere to wear that type of print too because my work has a pretty casual dress code haha!

6. October 31, 2018 / 5:28 pm

I love a good leopard shoe. I’ll probably have to check these out!
    -Emily
    thoroughlycontemporary.con

October 31, 2018 / 7:00 pm

So glad you like them!

7. November 1, 2018 / 1:33 am

I’m obsessed with leopard at the moment, and recently ordered some leopard loafers! I can’t wait to incorporate them into my wardrobe, and leopard is such a neutral statement item as well!

Ashlee | http://www.ashleestuart.com

November 1, 2018 / 2:04 am

You’re going to love those loafers! The shoes will go with everything!