How to Dress Cute and Be Warm in Winter

How to Dress Cute and Be Warm in Winter

I ask myself every morning while I am picking out something to wear for the day – “what can I wear that is cute and stylish but will also keep me warm and comfortable all day?” – It is a daily battle and constant struggle to actually dress like I know fashion and not to like a hobo in leggings and a sweatshirt. Do I want to look cute today and freeze my butt off or do I just want to wear an oversized sweater and be toasty warm all day?
Winter has been here for a couple of months and it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. (Sometimes it snows here on Easter) It’s important for me to actually have a wardrobe that is not all oversized knit sweaters and thermal leggings. You and I are fashion people we can’t just wear the same sweater every day. I am determined to still dress cute and be warm at the same damn time.
Here are some items that should be added to your winter wardrobe in order to stay warm and look stylish:

BLANKET SCARVES

If you don’t know what a blanket scarf is, it is like a normal scarf that you wear around your neck, except that is 10x bigger. They can come in a variety of different fabrics, styles, and designs. They can be a solid color, plaid or tartan, have a floral pattern, or have pom poms sewn into it. A blanket scarf is a great way to instantly dress up an outfit. You can wear them on top of a sweater, dress, or blouse. They are like chunky warm blankets that actually look cute.

FAUX FUR COATS

We all may be tempted to dress like a giant Alaskan Eskimo during these blustery months. We have to remember that there are other coat options other than wearing a giant puff marshmallow coat. This season faux fur coats are in-style and fashionable. Thank god for these coats because they are so cute and will keep you warm while you’re outside. Also, you can practically wear them with anything and still look cute. Clothing stores all around have bestowed upon us faux fur coats that are in neutral tones or in fun colors. They are cuddly and warm and you’ll feel and look fabulous while you are wearing it. You can dress it up or dress it down simply by switching your sneakers for heels.

BOOTS

Did the UGG boots trend every really die? I know people who think UGG boots are the ugliest thing on the planet and think that they look like moon boots. I also know people that think they are a god sent meant to keep your feet warm during the frigid months. Personally, I love them and own 5 pairs.Boots, not just UGG boots are an absolute winter essential that belongs in your wardrobe. Ankle booties, calf high, knee high, over the knee boots, you need them all. They can be paired to match every outfit. The best part of wearing boots all winter long is that you can also wear fuzzy socks with them. No one will know that underneath your super cute boots you are wearing penguin fuzzy socks from Old Navy.

No one should have to give up looking stylish just because it’s freezing outside. Put together a collection of cuter knit tops and sweaters, wear fuzzy socks with your cute boots for an added level of warmth, layer on the blanket scarves and thermal leggings, and rock those winter boots all season long. It is possible to dress cute and stay warm at the same time, anyone that tells you differently is doing winter fashion wrong.

* indicates required

1. Sophie
    February 26, 2018 / 12:52 pm

Love these style choices! I can’t wait for the colder months to be honest, here in Australia it is so hot and humid right now.

-Sophie xx

February 26, 2018 / 1:47 pm

ugh, girl, I am the complete opposite! haha After a loooong winter here I am ready for hot and humid!

2. February 26, 2018 / 3:15 pm

These choices are lovely but my fave is the Steve madden scarf, love the pop of colour with the red. 😍 oh and the first faux fur coat too and I’m not really into fur products (faux or otherwise) but that may have my heart. The cold weather ruins my skin (eczema problems) so I’m beyond ready for warmer weather! Also your jumper/top in your outfit I love, I’m obsessed with anything stripy at the moment!

Luce xo

February 26, 2018 / 5:35 pm

haha I love this response! Also, it’s great that you are willing to try that faux fur coat, it is a really great item to own. I also have eczema and I understand your struggle with the cold weather (I should really live in a warmer place). This striped top is from Old Navy, by the way, they have the best-striped tops!

January 15, 2019 / 6:39 pm

Thank you!

3. January 15, 2019 / 4:55 pm

I hate the cold so much. The first gift that my partner bought me when we got together was a blanket scarf from Rome. It is my favorite to this day and super cosy ♥️ As for the Uggs, I am doing so well this year an I haven’t bought any new boots! …
    Yet…

January 15, 2019 / 6:39 pm

Blanket scarves really are the best, they keep you so warm! I’m jealous that yours is from Rome though!

4. January 15, 2019 / 6:37 pm

Thanks so much for this some great ideas I always struggle in Winter. X

January 15, 2019 / 6:40 pm

So glad you enjoyed my post 🙂

January 17, 2019 / 2:10 am

haha love it!!

5. January 18, 2019 / 5:48 am

Thanks for this post because I needed it. I look like a grundy snowman because of all the layers I wear in the winter. I am like, “How can I look cute for work?”

January 18, 2019 / 3:08 pm

I need to write a post about this haha! How to look cute at work during the winter….hmmmm

6. February 6, 2019 / 11:49 pm

I love, love, love blanket scarves. They are so warm and cozy looking! I really need to buy a new pair of boots for this coming winter!

February 21, 2019 / 7:35 pm

Blanket scarves are defiantly a winter essential item!

7. February 14, 2019 / 11:57 pm

I hate being cold but I hate wearing 20lbs of layers! I love the blanket scarf tip. I need to knit up one of those.
    Today I wore to work: scrubs (might as well be naked), T-shirt under scrubs, thin sweater over scrubs, lab coat, and a damned knitted scarf. I looked like that kid from A Christmas Story.
    My husband thinks I’m hilarious because we live in Florida and if it’s. It 98 degrees outside – I’m cold.
    Glad he thinks it’s funny. Lol

February 21, 2019 / 7:41 pm

omg your work outfit sounds like I would freeze all day long. I would have to wear long sleeves under the scrub top and leggings under the bottoms for an extra layer of warmth haha! But really even in summer I can be found with a sweater on. So you’re not alone!

8. February 17, 2019 / 3:07 pm

Excellent tips. I need to try a blanket scarf one of these days, maybe I can make one myself so it can be just the right color and size for my needs.

February 21, 2019 / 7:43 pm

Blanket scarves really are great. They are fashionable but also keep me warm like a blanket. I own a them in a bunch of colors!

9. February 17, 2019 / 4:09 pm

Yes yes yes all of this! I can’t pull off the teddy bear jacket which devastates me though!
    Rosie

February 21, 2019 / 7:45 pm

You could totally pull of a teddy jacket!! Maybe try a black one so that it’s not so bold of a statement jacket. Pair it with a white/red sweater underneath, skinny jeans, and boots!