I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award and am incredibly honored. The blog Cozy Stylist has only been active for a little over two months and I only JUST learned about the blogging awards. I am blown away by the fact that I have been nominated and that others are being so supportive and they recognize my blog and all the work that I put into it.
I was nominated by Esther Wyse, a lifestyle blogger that writes and takes beautiful photos of food, her outfits, and beauty products. Everyone should follow her blog and Instagram because she posts the most mouthwatering food images that always make me hungry!
Esther has been one of the most supportive blogger friends that I have! The most amazing part of our blogger friendship is that we are the same exact age and have the same interests but she is alllllllll the way in Cambridge, UK and I am in the United States. Check out some of her pictures:
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD Q&A
1. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
How supportive everyone is! Before I became a blogger I thought that blogging girls were the types that were super popular in high school and have tons of money. I was so surprised to realize that anyone can be a blogger! Also, everyone is actually rooting for each other to do well! When I am feeling down or unmotivated, I can always turn to the blogging community to help me feel better
2. If you could eat absolutely anything right now, what would it be?
Chocolate cake!!! My family is has made so many chocolate cakes that we have perfected the recipe! (The secret is to add espresso to the cake instead of water)
3. Which social platform do you enjoy the most?
I enjoy mostly all social media platforms because they all have something different to offer. I love twitter and Instagram equally – they have both been very good to me. Twitter is great because I get to talk to everyone and promote my blog posts, and it’s where a majority of my blog traffic comes from! Twitter in my mind is where I get to write and show my personality through 280 character – Instagram is where I get to show off my pictures and clothing style. I absolutely love taking outfit pictures and I get so much love and support from my followers – also I get a TON of inspiration from other bloggers Instagram photos.
4. What’s one thing you’ve achieved in 2018 that you’re proud of?
Honestly, I am proud of myself for sticking with my blog. I started on January 1st, 2018 and now 60 something days later, I am still doing it. You have to understand that I will always start new projects and be excited about them and then when it because too much work, I give up. I have left many projects unfinished in my life, blogging will not be one of them!
5. How do you like your eggs in the morning?
Oh gosh, I grew up having scrambled eggs in the morning, my dad would always add extra milk to make them super fluffy. Now that I am older I LOVE making omelets. At college, I worked at a dining hall and on the weekends we would have to make them for all the hungover freshman students. I got really good at making them and being able to flip them in the air! I love onion, ham, and cheese in my omelets.
6. Who’s the person that inspires you the most?
When I first started blogging I found this lifestyle/fashion blogger Katie from Katie’s Bliss – I found out that we were from the same town and even went to the same high school. Katie is a full-time blogger and is doing amazingly well living in New York City. She inspires me because I realized that I could do the same thing and have the same lifestyle that she has if I work hard and put out great content like she does.
7. If you could recommend I try one food, what would it be?
I would say pierogis and onions! It’s a big Pennsylvania Dutch food and I love them with ketchup! They are basically dumplings that are filled with cheese and you can cook them in a pan with butter or you can boil them in water.
8. What’s your favorite way to switch off?
I go take a really hot shower. I leave my phone in a different room and just take that time to think about my day.
9. What are your top tips for managing your time well as bloggers?
PLAN AHEAD – The one thing that has been the most beneficial to me as a blogger is that at the beginning of the month I will plan EVERYTHING. Blog posts, social media scheduling, outfits that I will post, the picture order for Instagram and clothing that I need to buy for blog posts. It may take a full day for me to plan all this out, but it helps so much. I don’t have to panic about what I should be posting that day.
10. Do you have a favorite photo you’ve taken? Post it!
This picture was when I first launched Cozy Stylist. I was so proud of my site!
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD NOMINATIONS
In my short months of being a blogger, I have connected with so many amazing people. Here are a few who inspire me, support me, and run amazing blogs.
1. Kendall Blossoms -Kendall runs Wear She Blossoms, a lifestyle blog that I LOVE. She writes about everything from fashion, reading lists, DIY project, to what you should watch on Netflix. Kendal will also write about traveling around New Jersey and Pennslyvania and I love reading those posts because I’m from the same area!! Kendal and I follow each other on all social media platforms and honestly, she is so supportive and a lovely person! View her blog here.
2. Gabrielle Banner – Gabby runs The Fashion Faux Pas of Gabrielle, a fashion/beauty/and lifestyle blog in the UK. She is funny, honest, and a great writer. I love reading her posts about her fashion adventures of buying things on Wish and eBay to helping her step-brother pick out something to wear. She went to school for fashion and she is real and upfront about how she feels about not working in the industry. Gabby writes about planning her wedding and having blogger identity crises and also has fun fashion how-to posts. She is probably one of the realist bloggers that I follow. View her blog here.
3. Kristen Stasko – Kristen runs The Sophisticated Gal and she is one of the first bloggers I followed when I started blogging. She writes advice posts for young women like me that are straight out of college. She provides advice on careers, side hustles, job interviews, resume help, and being your own girl boss. Her posts are so inspirational and helpful. I recommend her blog to anyone that needs career advice! View her blog here.
4. Charlotte – Charlotte runs the lifestyle, fashion & beauty blog Colours and Carousels – she is from Glasgow, Scottland. I love following her blog so much because she writes about really thought-provoking topics. She has great style and advice on blogging, and she writes about her adorable kitty cats Bonnie and Clyde. It amazes me that I can find someone from the other side of the world and we have so much in common with fashion, blogging, travel, and CATS! View her blog here.
5. Yasmin Stefaniee – Yasmin is a fashion/beauty blogger that I have recently discovered on Twitter. I love all the topics that she writes about but, her fashion posts are my favorite. She writes very intriguing blog posts about the issues of blogging and how we can be better fashion bloggers. Her posts really make me think and I love that. View her blog here.
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD RULES:
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer the questions written by the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate other bloggers and give them questions to answer.
Notify your nominees via a comment on their blog or social media.
List the “rules” and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your blog post.
Questions for Nominees
1. What is the story behind your blogs name?
2. What is the one thing you learned from blogging that you didn’t expect to learn?
3. What is your proudest accomplishment of 2018 so far?
4. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
6. What is your favorite post that you have written?
7. What is the most adventurous thing you have done?
8. What is your favorite TV show?
9. What are your tips for other bloggers that are just starting out?
10.What is your favorite photo that you have taken? Post it!
I cannot wait to read all of your answers! Thank you to Esther for nominating me so I could get to know more about you! I loved answering all of your questions and learning more about myself in the process!