Subscription boxes are something that has become quite popular over the past couple of years and I have tried to avoid them because I thought that you wouldn’t get your money’s worth for the boxes. A couple of years ago I subscribed to a very popular box FabFitFun and I received one of there summer boxes in the mail. The products were okay but I only really used one or two of the items. So I canceled my subscription and haven’t ordered another since. What I think was wrong was that I was just ordering from that company because that’s what everyone else did. People are obsessed with FabFitFun and I don’t understand it. It has been 3 years since I received that box and it wasn’t until a couple of months ago that I found CauseBox.
Every product that is included in CAUSEBOX is made ethically and sustainably — and in addition to the increased artisan activity and work that is created through artisan partners, they are focused on raising awareness for causes and charitable concerns each season.
I first saw the company advertised on Facebook and it caught my attention right away. I’m the type of person who loves eco-friendly products and companies that give back to communities in need. I signed up for the spring box and one week later it was delivered to my door. First off, the box itself is a really cool print and there are videos online showing you how to flip the box inside out because there is another design on the inside of the box. I loved every product in the box and the little booklet explaining all the products and the people who made them. Every product inside of CAUSEBOX has a beautiful story and helps create a better world — because it matters how these products are made, and who they empower.
1. Tribe Alive Caftan – Handmade in India by dozens of workers, this cotton caftan is the perfect swimsuit cover-up. I will definitely be wearing this to the pool everyday. Tribe Alive and Causebox partnered to give us this beautifully made caftan that was sustainably made and produced by an all women team. There are many ways to style and wear this piece, so be sure to look on the Causebox Instagram for their best tips.
2. The Bikini Bag – Made from broken down plastic bottles that are woven into polyester fabric, the bikini bag is great for the beach. I personally used it last weekend when I was at the Jersey Shore and it worked great at keeping my personal items dry and not sandy. I put my keys, wallet, phone, and other things in the bag to keep them dry and safe. It’s great because you can either put the bag inside your purse as an extra protection pouch or you can use the bag itself as a purse to carry around and show off on the boardwalk.
3. Altru Straw Tote – This is the perfect beach/pool tote bag that I honestly can’t wait to use all summer long. Even better this tote bag was created with our planet’s oceans in mind. Causebox partnered with local California charities to protect and conserve our beaches, oceans, and marine life. Inside the bad is also a cute little tassel that can be clipped onto the bag!
4. Banded Scrunchy- aka the hair tie of the 80’s and this has totally been the summer of the scrunchies. You can get a scrunchy hair tie is every store nowadays but the cool thing about Branded is that they donate three meals for every product sold. They are also committed to empowering women and being ethical through every step of the production process.
5. Sport Sunscreen – Common sunscreen ingredients are actually very harmful the the environment and our oceans. Oxybenzone and octinoxate are know to cause coral reef “bleaching” which turns our coral reed from vibrant ecosystems to white skeletons. All Good sunscreen doesn’t have any of those damaging chemicals in their products. They also source all of their ingredients locally and sustainably.
6. Aloe Gel – I had recently discovered all the terrible chemicals that are in store bought aloe. I was so disturbed that I went out and bought a real aloe plant that I could extract the gel from and use. The Hanalei Island Aloe Gel is just what I needed because of it’s limited ingredients. All of their products are 100% cruelty free, paraben-free, phthalate-free and sulfate free.
7. Insulated tumbler reusable cup – This cup is great because I can use it over and over again. I am all for zero waste and with this cup I don’t have to use plastic water bottles. A little tip is that it’s great at keeping wine chilled and is perfect for when you’re laying down and drinking wine. You won’t spill it on yourself!
1. Portfolio Clutch Bag – This clutch bag is the perfect accessory for when I need to carry a bunch of work items but I don’t want to carry around a bulky bag. The Glass Ladder & Co manufactured this clutch and they wanted to produce a cute product that was also eco-conscious. The clutch is made of vegan leather that consists of a variety of different materials. The clutch can fit pens, notebooks, your phone and wallet, a 13″ laptop or tablet, and charging cables. It’s fashionable and functional.
2. Silky Scarf – I am all for cute scarves that can be worn many different ways. I chose the gold polka dot scarf that I tied around my bag that goes everywhere with me. You can choose from 3 prints that were all hand painted! In the small book that comes with your CAUSEBOX, it shows you 8 ways that you can style the scarf on your person, but there are many other ways you can use it.
3. Stars & Moon Bracelet – Now I don’t wear jewelry at all, but this little bracelet was just small and lightweight enough that it didn’t bother me. It’s a cute design and it makes me feel special when I wear it. The best thing about having this bracelet though, is that it supports the fight against human trafficking.
4. Macrame Plant Holder – My mom was surprised that this kind of hanging planter has come back into style because she used to hand make them when she was in college. We even went to the craft store, bought some rope and make a couple more to match the one that I received in the box. I have two hanging on my porch holding plants, one in the kitchen holding a bowl of fruit, and one in our bathroom that has another plant in it. These holders are very easy to use and wash, and they bring a bohemian vibe into your space. The company behind this product also sends their proceeds to help with the recent wildfires that devastated the area earlier this year.
5. Elixir Toning Mist – I spray this rose water mist on myself every morning as I walk out the door to start my day. It’s a cruelty free, limited ingredient product that smells amazing. All the ingredients are found in nature and the mist is 100% organic. The company Kalos was founded on the belief that young girls and women should have an education and the right to be successful.
6. Pink Clay Cleaning Sponge – The cool thing about this shower sponge is the way that it was made. The French sponge is infused with pink clay and baked in the oven. The sponge is good for your skin and for the planet. A portion of the proceeds go to ocean conservation organizations and they use the money to patrol threatened marine areas. I like using this sponge because I have very sensitive skin and the texture and feel of this sponge is very soft and soothing.
7. Bamboo Brightening Mask – I have recently been trying to switch all my skincare products to limited ingredient ones that don’t include harsh chemicals. This glow mask from Cosmedix is the perfect item! The founders of the company have a medical background that helped them to develop the mask. I use this mask during my nighttime skincare routine. It helps to remove the makeup that I may have missed with my first cleanser and it also helps to remove all the dirt from the day.
8. Bamboo Eye Mask – Now I am not one to wear eye masks while I sleep, I have blackout curtains to help with the darkness. BUT when I went on vacation to Nashville with my family, I used this every night. What I really liked about the mask was how light and soft it was. Made from 100% organic bamboo fabric, the mask helps to protect your skin from unwanted creases and helps to moisturize your skin while you sleep! Another thing that I love is that this mask is good for the planet because the company Ettitude believes in sustainable products and supply chain sourcing.
*This post is not sponsored by CAUSEBOX, this is simply a review of their products.*