Summer is a time for lemonade, sweet tea, and fruit cocktails! I love sitting out on the porch after a long day and sipping on a sweet alcoholic beverage. Wine will always be my favorite drink and margaritas will always be my favorite frozen mixed drink but I think I may have found a new favorite drink. It’s called the Orange Crush Cocktail. I’ve had the drink before at restaurants but I decided to make it for myself. It turns out, it’s super easy to make and it only takes 5 minutes to make.
You can use orange juice bought from the store or you can cut up some oranges and freshly squeeze them yourself. It may take longer to do that because you have to juice like 10 oranges just to get enough juice for 1 or 2 drinks. There is also vodka in this recipe and you can use whatever brand you desire. There is supposed to be Triple Sec, but I always have Grand Marnier on hand (because I love It in margaritas!) and it was perfect here. Pour in some Sprite or 7Up soda and mix the drink. If you have some left over oranges, garnish the glass with a slice. We also had some mint growing in our garden so I picked a piece and put it in the drink. Lastly, I like to drink these with a straw because it’s easier to drink and drink a lot of them!
THEY ARE SO DELICIOUS!
- 1 navel orange freshly juiced
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce grand marnier (or another orange liqueur)
- 3 to 4 ounces lemon-lime soda like Sprite or 7UP
- orange wedges for garnish
- a sprig of fresh mint
- Fill a glass with crushed ice. Pour the vodka, grand marnier and fresh orange juice in the glass. Give it a gentle stir. Top it off with the soda, an orange wedge and a few mint leaf. Serve!
Let me know if you’ve tried the drink!