Every year it seems like the Christmas season arrives earlier and earlier each time. The store that I work in had their holiday decorations up in October! It seems like such a long way from Christmas day but it’ll be here before you know it. I personally love Christmas and everything that goes into making the day magical. Decorating the front porch with lights, putting up the tree and hanging ornaments, baking cookies, and wrapping presents.
The past couple of years, however, have been rather tough with all the presents that I have to buy and all the running around I have to do to different family get-togethers. It can be difficult to remember the true meaning of the holiday with all that is going on so I put together a list of all the things that you and I can do to get into the Christmas spirit.
1. Make a holiday playlist
2. Watch Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel or on Netflix.
4. Visit a Christmas tree farm
5. Drink hot cocoa in your pajamas
7. Make homemade potpourri that will make your home smell amazing
8. Play in the snow
9. Make a holiday Pinterest board
10. Hang Christmas lights around your bedrooms walls
12. Sing along to Christmas songs in your car while driving
13. Have red, green, white and gold decor around your home
15. Light sugar cookie, peppermint or evergreen scented candles
16. Build a gingerbread house from a kit or homemade
17. Watch old home videos of your family’s holidays
18. Curl up by the fire with a good book
19. See a holiday play at your local theater.
20. Drive around your neighborhood to see all the lights people have up