Fall is one of my favorite seasons. The leaves change colors, you can pick pumpkins, dress up for Halloween, and drink as much apple cider as you want! Apple cider is a great beverage because if you buy the all-natural version that doesn’t have any added sugar, it’s healthy for you. You are just drinking crushed up apples after all.
I wanted to spice up my normal apple cider drink by adding in some alcohol. Margarita’s are my absolute favorite, so it only makes sense that I made an apple cider margarita! I found this recipe online and changed it just a bit for my liking. I like sweeter drinks that have more flavor than tequila. This recipe will take you 5 minutes to make if you have all the ingredients at home. I made it with Jose Cuervo Tequila, Triple Sec, Apple Cider from the grocery store, a lime, and cinnamon from my spice cabinet. For an extra fancy drink, line the edges of the glass you’ll be drinking out of with cinnamon sugar and garnish the glass with an apple slice.
This margarita recipe is perfect to make for a holiday party or special family occasion like Thanksgiving. Or if you want to have a fun and cozy night in, this drink is perfect to drink at home while watching a movie.
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 shot glass of tequila
- 1 shot glass of Tripe Sec
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 thin apple slice
- 1 lime
- Sugar for rim
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes;
- Add apple cider, tequila, and triple sec and shake 10 seconds.
- Place cinnamon sugar in a shallow dish.
- Run lime wedges around the edge of 2 rocks glasses and rim each glass with the sugar.
- Fill the glasses with ice cubes and
- Pour apple cider mixture evenly between the 2 glasses.
- Garnish each cocktail with a cinnamon stick and apple slice, if desired.